ILProtector is a protector for .NET applications. ILProtector is designed to protect intellectual property of the software.
ILProtector protects your .NET code against reverse engineering, decompiling and modifying. ILProtector transforms Intermediate Language (MSIL) code into a specific form that is not recognized by disassemblers and decompilers such as IL DASM, .NET Reflector, ILSpy, dotPeek etc.
– Software code protection
– String encryption
– Integrity checking
– High performance
– Full reflection support for protected assemblies
– Supports .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4, 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, 4.7.2
– Supports Windows x32/x64 desktop applications
– Command-Line support
– Does not use undocumented features
ILProtector is protected by itself!
ILProtector supports Command-Line mode.
Parameters and Examples.
Best practices to protect your assembly
- Use EnableIntegrity option to protect the assembly from modifications.
- Use EncryptStrings option to encrypt the assembly user strings, for example such as connection strings, keys etc.
Frequently asked questions
Does ILProtector support Mono?
No, we have no plans to support Mono (at least now).
How to exclude certain methods from protection?
Use MethodImplAttribute with MethodImplOptions.NoInlining or MethodImplOptions.NoOptimization value:
public static string GetCalendarName(Calendar cal)
return cal.ToString().Replace(“System.Globalization.”, “”).Replace(“Calendar”, “”);
Which limitations does ILProtector have?
There are certain code protection scenarios where code protection can not be applied:
- Mixed assemblies C++/CLI
- Type constructors
- Generic methods and types
- Methods with invocation of __arglist method
Installation/Activation Instruction is Included in the folder!