WordWeb Pro can look up words in virtually any program with just one click: just hold down the Ctrl key and right-click on the word. If you are online, with one extra click you can also search web references, for example Wikipedia. The hotkey can be customized, or you can use a keyboard shortcut if you prefer.
If you are editing a document you can select a synonym and replace the look-up word. WordWeb has the option to highlight widely used synonyms, great for helping you write clear easy-to-understand English.
– Offline English dictionary and thesaurus
– One-click lookup in any Windows program
– Definitions, synonyms and related words
– Pronunciations and usage examples
– Quickly cross-reference Wikipedia and others
– Add Oxford, Chambers and Collins dictionaries
– In addition to using the comprehensive English dictionary and thesaurus supplied, if you are online you can also search your choice of web references. Each reference is on a separate tabbed page for easy cross-referencing. The list of tabs can be customized to use your favorite references. Wikipedia and some online dictionaries are installed by default.
– If you are looking for a particular part of speech you can click on the Noun, Verb, Adjective or Adverb buttons to show only the relevant synonyms and related words. To look at a particular sense you can click on the sense number.
– You can also get optional third-party dictionaries, including the Oxford, Chambers and Collins dictionaries, shown on separate tabs like the web references.
Use custom glossaries
– You can add your own technical glossaries (or list of company acronyms, etc) using the option on the “Glossaries” menu.
– Using the “Find Word” feature you can quickly find words matching a pattern. You can also search a wide range of optional extra word lists using the Find Word window. The screenshot shows what you’d get if you did a punctuation sensitive search in the optional “Compounds and Phrases” word list for phrases ending in “word”.
Full-text definition search
– Use the “full text” button to search for text appearing in any definition. For example search for “female fox” and it will find the definition of “vixen”. The screenshot shows another example.
– Enter a word and you can find all straight and multiple word anagrams. You can also find partial anagrams. How many words can you make using the letters in “constitutional”? WordWeb Pro’s answer: 726!
– Select “New Definition” from the “Edit” menu to add a new word (or set of words) with definition. You can also import and export to common spreadsheet-format files.
– Use the bookmark feature to remember useful words. There’s a feature to randomly look one up as a way of helping you remember vocabulary. WordWeb also builds a list words you’ve looked up, so you can go back and check you remember definitions. You can also export the list to a text editor, delete items, or delete the entire history list.
Replace, copy and paste
– If you are looking up a word from a document you are editing, you can select any word and press the “Replace” button to substitute a synonym. You can also copy to the clipboard parts of definitions, all of the definitions, the selected related word, or all of the listed related words (or anagrams/words matching a pattern).
– Includes many names of places and people, with a concise definitions and related words.
Changes in WordWeb Pro 9 include:
– Extensive revisions, with thousands of new words, senses, updates and clarifications
– Much more comprehensive tagging of informal and other usages
– Links to phrasal verb and compounds for each word
– Now over 300,000 words in the word list, about 10,000 more compared to version 8
– Thousands of new audio pronunciations
– Support for Dark Mode theme (WordWeb and additional non-web dictionaries)
– Support for latest MS Edge browser
– Improve mouse wheel and trackpad scrolling control
– Among the many new words in this version you’ll find everything from snowflakery to spaffing, headcam to nanoplastic.
– You do not need to be online to use WordWeb
– You just need a computer running Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10 (desktop).
– 32 + 64bit
Treatment: No installation required, no activation required, It’s already activated.
Installation/Activation Instruction is Included in the folder!
No VT – It’s clean no harm!
The post WordWeb Pro Ultimate Reference Bundle v9.04 Portable appeared first on FTUApps.Dev.